View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 07:32 PM
flowergirlWard17

Hi ladies on this thread,

I posted some updated pictures in the "photos" section - I think I called it the "Square Dance" blocks. There's a whole new thread going on that line. I posted some of my draft ideas for setting the blocks there. I have a title for the quilt - "Square Dance" - and if someone on this thread has already drafted a sample block, could you please pass it along to me? My contribution to the quilt besides the setting will be a boy block in a diamond-in-a-diamond center medallion - "the Fiddler" holding an appliqued fiddle - with the partners all around, and appliqued hearts in all of the corner setting triangles. Now I need to get a hold of that pattern so I can put a few "boys" together and finally get these blocks sewn together in some tops!
I am planning on making four sets of square panels with a fiddler in a center medallion and eight pairs in a square dance set all around. Two square panels sewn together will be a twin-sized top. I want to make two twin-sized quilts to give to the intended recipients as designated in handwriting on one of the blocks, because one of the blocks has this inscription: "Made for Margaret Griffiths and her grandchildren by Julie Nodine. 1994" I found an address label for a lady in Palo Alto, so if there is someone on this board for whom those names sound familiar, please let me know so I can get contact info for these named recipients and give them the quilts that rightfully belong to them.
As for me - if you are setting up a block exchange, sign me up! I will warn you, my "dancers" may be showing up in their pajamas or wearing Hawaiian mu-muus or will be the raggedy kids from way "up back", because there is no way my collars on the shirts will come out right, I guarantee you.