View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Grace MooreLinker

Originally Posted by lue
Okay, Fellow Quilters & Fabric-holics, This is my game plan (and it's fairly effective when I STAY OUT OF THE FABRIC STORES!!!)
1. I shop in my stash.
2. I stay out of the stores and make a quilt!
3. I "shop" on line and put all kinds of beautiful fabrics in the "cart", then LOG OFF without making a purchase. It FEELS as though I've shopped but I haven't spent any money. If I LOOK on line and PRETEND that I've shopped, that seems to do it for me.
3. Now part of MY problem is that I LOVE a bargain (You DO know that you go to hell if you pay retail) so if someone says its on SALE, I HAVE to look! So I look on line, take a deep breath, QUILT instead of shopping for quilts, and then it's all good.

Truth be told, if I were able to make a quilt a week for the next 5 years I'd still have fabric left so over so when I shop I buy solids so I'll have something to that goes with all the stash I currently have.
Lue great ideas, I have a freind that does not sew/quilt but has lots of fabric. But she is always looking at my quilts and wishing for one. I tell her to give me the fabric for the quilt pattern she wants and I'll make it for her. Yet she never does, her one coment was she who dies with the biggest stash is the winner??? no sense in that to me, still she doean't have a beautiful hand made quilt just store bought ones that have no feeling quilted in them..