View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 AM
kimscruzer

I remember making the RED HOT Jelly with my grandma and mother . I may need to whip that up for christmas ! Thanks for the ide and memory!
Originally Posted by nana2
Originally Posted by janedee
What alot of lovely ideas - think I am going to go with a simple shopping bag and then fill them with some homemade jams and preserves and bought goodies will try and do 2 a month - have six to do so its not a mad rush nearer the time!!!!
This has been a very refreshing group of posts to read and I see the spirit of personalizing gifts for various family members with simple and practical items. And threaded thru all of these ideas is the love for our families. Through out the years when we were raising our children, it seemed that we were just bombarded with a ton of wish list for a lot of expensive toys, games, clothing, etc. I am so ready for some simple, inexpensive items to give along with relaxing fun time to spend with family. Good food, kids playing a rousing game of monopoly, adults having conversations about times in their lives when they were kids, etc. Some of the men engaged in a competitive card game and all the laughter and me not too tired to enjoy all of it!!!!!!!! And by the way, home made jams and jellies are a wonderful gift. My family loves the apple jelly that I've made in years gone by. Right at the end of the "boiling" time, I throw in Red Hots. This makes a beautiful red color and the taste of the cinnamon "kicks it up a bite".