Old 07-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Zhillslady
Banned

I have the Juki TL98-Q and the Juki 2000. I did not get the 2010 with the speed control or 2 reasons. I run mine as fast as it will go (matches my lead foot in car) and I use the 2000 on a frame. I have had the 98 for about 3-4 years and never had a problem. If you do FMQ use a 16 needle. Had numerous problems and that solved all of them on FMQ - got info from gentleman at Allbrands. I bought the 98Q online from Allbrands. The 2000 I bought last month from Kathy'squilts.com along wth the Grace start right frame. The combo was $1699 with free shipping. I love the combo and the Juki machines. As far as oil I use the standard sewing machine oil from Walmart or Joanns. I do not oil every day as I found oil was building up a little too much. I oil when I finish each quilt and sparingly. Too much oil gunks things up. I also clean after every quilt and change my needle frequently. Lint will kill your machines no matter what brand. I simply love these machines. I keep it clean and oiled and in 3-4 years never a problem. If you're worried about buying online buy at ebay from SewVac or Allrbands and pay via paypal. You have paypal safe harbor if anything goes wrong. Oh yeah bobbins. There are generic but get the juki ones. They have a slot in the top to start the thread but the generic ones don't so its hard to hang onto the thread. I have 4 for each machine and so far it's been plenty. Just my opinion for what it's worth.