View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 08:47 AM
flowergirlWard17

Pam and Blue Chicken, I add my thanks to the growing list.
I already downloaded and saved all of the patterns you drafted and printed out a copy of each, including the 12-inch blocks. I'll be bringing them to my last quilt class tonight and let the ladies in my class fight over them, too.
I will be making up my own "Boy Blocks" after I finish 3 WIPs ahead of these blocks on the table, including setting some "Sunbonnet Sue" blocks that came in the same box as the "Square Dance" blocks. I will tell you the fun is all in the details. Some of the details on the blocks I have make me cry, they are sooooo cute. One of the ladies had ribbon embroidery in the "old World" costume style - think Hungarian or German traditional dance costumes. The raggedy patches on some of the boys knees - I would never have thought up those! And some of the boys seem to have belts glued on. One lady added a folded neckerchief under the boy's collar, another added a copper rivet on her boy's pants, I could go on and on exclaiming over these little details. Talk about playing with paper dolls!!

Wow. I turn my back for a minute to deal with finals week at school and y'all just whizzed right on past me! I'm still coughing up the dust from the flurry of activity here! (Oh wait, no, that's the dust in my own house. Now that finals are over I need to pull out my green machine and clean my desk chair here. My daughter was dancing the other day and bumped into this chair and you could see the cloud of dust poof into the air from my kitchen! I hang my head in embarrassment and shame. I painted a sign to hang in my front entry - "I cleaned last week, sorry you missed it", because when I get sewing...)

Well, grass seems to be growing under my feet while you ladies are taking off at full speed. I finish up some blocks for the block exchange for my final class tonight, I need to start cutting the fabric for the Sunbonnet SUe blocks, I need to iron out and get the thread for the quilt that is backed and tacked and ready to quilt, I need to sew up the seams on 2 more quilts, uhm, I have a lot of work to do this week to finish up. But if I finish it up this week, next week - the Square Dance blocks will get their turn!

Thanks tremendously.

Enn The Flowergirl