Old 07-30-2011, 06:52 AM
moonwolf23

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by Carron
Husband is doing very well tonight, most of his stings are not bothering him any more and the dog's foot is looking more normal.

When the bees followed my hubby to the house yesterday a few stuck around and I was stung twice. Boy does that hurt.
Enchanted quilter suggested to take a cotton ball and dip it into Clorox bleach then dab the area to relieve the pain and help destroy the poison the bees desposit in the sting.
I tried it and it really works.
Sorry to hear about your hubby and the attack. Yet, how very sad that with the shortage of GOOD bees in this country that the hive could not be moved....

as for the sting...a wet tea bag works really good....
This.

I had a honey bee swarm near my house. I was a bit afraid as I had 3 kids and want' sure if it was killer bees or not. My neighbor suggested calling the extension service. They referred me to a bee keeper.

He came by and happily took the swarm and gave my kids a biology lesson. They were also very docile. No smoke was needed.

I hope they are doing good in their new home.

I also learned that simple water and smoke would have done the job, no expensive chemicals were needed. I know for wasps hairspray does the trick. The spray is sticky and sticks to their bodies, can't fly and can't breathe.