View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 07:49 AM
MsLoriAnn

I have the Janome Horizon with an 11" bed. It comes with built in even feed feature. Has free motion foot and many other useful feet. Thread cutter; up & down needle position; 1 step button-hole maker; scads of stitches; presser foot lift; the list goes on and on.
It was VERY easy to learn. I've had it just under a year and I've enjoyed every quilt making / sewing experience I've had with it. I especially like free motion quilting on it.
Yes, it's an expensive machine. I went to Dralle Brothers Sewing in Waterloo Iowa (319-291-6776). Remember, this machine had just been released. It's a $3000 machine. I traded in three old Singers. I got the machine for $2500 and the owner threw in a travel case, sewing mat (machine sits on the mat and doesn't slip around), acrylic extension table, scissors, 200 extra bobbins, spool stand, machine cover, and gift certificates. The dealer even paid my sales tax!
I was so impressed that I took my Mother to the store and she purchased a smaller Janome. Dealer also treated her well.
Mother is 86 and she learned her new machine easily, too.

Sounds like a commercial for the dealer, doesn't it? Sorry!
But I LOVE this machine!

Lori

Janome Horizon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]234165[/ATTACH]

Built in even feed behind foot; comes with a special foot that is also attached.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]234166[/ATTACH]

11 bed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]234167[/ATTACH]

Extra storage & free arm; note foot lifter on lower right of machine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]234173[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-234159.jpe   attachment-234160.jpe   attachment-234161.jpe   attachment-234167.jpe