Old 07-31-2011, 02:31 PM
jljack

I read that article, Gail, because our guild is having our biannual quilt show in January 2012. I am the chair this time around. I selected a lady to design and "guide" our opportunity quilt through the process.

It is not a traditional style quilt, and I have noticed that some of the members are not "behind" this particular quilt. They haven't stepped up and sold very many tickets for it. I am disappointed that they expect every one of our opportunity quilts to be a masterpiece work of art, being mostly applique and very classicly styled. Compared to many opportunity quilts I have seen, ours is quite colorful, modern style and it is very nicely done, with both piecing and applique work. Most of the members are very happy with the quilt. A word of caution to other guilds....be careful that one quilt that comes out a true "masterpiece" quilt is not the gauge by which all the next few quilts are judged. It is not possible for every opportunity quilt to meet or exceed those that have been done prior. Our quilt 5 years ago won blue ribbons all over CA, and it was really a breathtaking quilt. Now it seems we have to come up with something equal, or some of the members won't support it. It shouldn't be that way, and, again, I'm disappointed that some of the members are like that.