View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 05:12 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
Originally Posted by QuiltE
Originally Posted by jquilt214
I use silver, yellow pencils and chalk and I have started using the new Pilot Frixion pens. They are fantastic. I get then in a pack of 6 colors. Just be sure you read and follow the directions. I am also a hand quilter. I have had bad experiences with the blue and purple pens.
I just purchased my first Frixion while on the Shop Hop this month. Are you finding any problems with them? Or do all colours just disappear with the heat of the iron? How have they worked on the dark fabrics?

I love the one I have so far .... though I'm totally scared it'll not keep working that way!! :)

I got some 'bout a month ago. Of course I had to choose the package with a purple one! (It has red and green, too.) I've used them a LOT and no problems whatsoever. Comes right off with an iron. So easy. Way better than dealing with smearing chalk or markers that disappear before you've finished quilting.
Thanks for the info! Plus they are such a nice fine point. Have you tried the cold test that someone mentioned as a problem? Also, have you tried any lights on the dark fabrics ... always such a problem when marking!