View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
I joined earlier this year prior to my Paducah trip. I had previously purchased a bunch of old AQS magazines at a quilt show really cheap, loved the magazine and figure the mag plus the discount entrance to Paducah was worth it. I didn't read well enough and found out the mag is only printed 4x a year. Major bummer. I haven't used any of the discounts .. frankly didn't know there were any at Joanne's or Keepsake. I only buy notions at Joanne's - but I DO buy notions at Joanne's, and I place occasional orders with Keepsake. I'll have to look at the benefits again next year before I renew.

I really do like the magazine. I buy quilting mag's not for patterns, but for new techniques and inspiration. So AQS and Quilting Arts are my two fav's.
AQS and Quilter's Club of America are not the same. I belong to AQS, and like it. The Quilter's Club of America is somehow related to Fons & Porter....it used to cost a lot more to join, and I never did because of the cost. Even at $30, I still probably won't. There are so many sites with free information, patterns, etc. I can't see the benefit.