View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 03:41 AM
pumpkinpatchquilter

My Mother taught me to sew, and to be honest it was so long ago I cannot remember at what age. I don't know if she ever really formally sat me down and taught me, she was always sewing as a child and as soon as I could reach the sewing machine pedal I wanted to sew and she was very good about it, she would let me use just about any fabric she had as long as she didn't have it pegged for something and let me go to town. So pretty much just from watching her, and sometimes if I'd want to know how to do something specific she would show me. She gave me my first sewing machine but I was too young and dumb to take care of it and I ended up neglecting and eventually giving it away. There was a lull in the sewing department during a time when I married, bought a house, and had a child. Except for a few things I'd go sew at my Mothers house I did a lot more knitting, crocheting and painting for a while. The year before I had my second daughter my Husband and Mother in Law purchased a used Europro sewing machine for $70 for me for my birthday, and that's when I discovered quilting. That was about 6 and a half years ago and I haven't stopped since! Lol*