Old 05-31-2009, 11:28 PM
amma
Power Poster

Here is a wonderful site with a lot of free pp patterns. Scroll down for the ones featured at this time the rest are all in the alphabetized listings, they will list beside the blocks name if they are paper pieced or not.

You would be surprised how many free patterns are available, google:free paper pieced quilt patterns or free foundation pieced quilt patterns.

I have the Electric Quilt Program, and I can print out paper pieced patterns as an option to any of the blocks in the program or the ones I draw in this program. It is a little spendy but it is quite worth it to me. There may even be less expensive programs out there that will offer this same option.

You can also use graph paper to draw out the blocks, and then scrutinize how best it would be separated, to make it work best for a pp design. Ex: If a block has a total of 16 smaller blocks 4 per row, you would draw out the block in 4 separate rows, going vertical or horizontal, which ever way works out best. Some blocks you may want to piece them by disecting it diagonally, then disect it again diagonally. There are a lot of vaiables, I would suggest maybe buying a book on this subject, one with alot of examples.