Old 08-05-2011, 02:47 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by intoquilting
I let a friend talk me into doing a postage stamp quilt using 2" squares. I don't think I will live long enough to finish it. LOL but I need to because I am determined to finish before she does. I am really tired of cutting 2" squares and trying to sew them together without having any 2 of the same fabric. What was I thinking??????? I am putting 16 of them together into a block. Will I ever finish? It remains to be seen.
I don't like sewing little pieces together. I prefer to sew strips together and then splice into smaller pieces, but that doesn't work well if you want a scrappy look. Years ago, I saw a product on one of the quilting shows (of which I no longer can get here). This product was a fusible product that was marked with grid lines. The quilter arranged her little squares in order and then fused with an iron. Then the piece was folded on the lines and stitched. I remember thinking that it was a cool product, but I've never seen it in stores (didn't really look for it) but I'm sure it's out there.