Old 08-05-2011, 08:38 AM
thrums

Originally Posted by FERSID
NAPTHA GAS (it's also call white gas or camp stove gas)

Call me crazy but it worked for my Grandparents, my Dad and everyone else in our family and our friends who visited us at our cottage.

Many years ago when my Grandparents and my Dad were clearing the land (very dense bush and COVERED with Poison Ivy) even though they took precautions to cover their skin, they would still get exposed to the poison ivy oil.

My Grandfather discovered when he took a cloth soaked in Naptha Gas and gently rubbed it over the infected area, the gas would immediately remove the poison ivy oil and dry up the rash and any blisters which had started to form - the poison ivy rash went away immediately and did not itch. The Naptha Gas dries out the oil and removes what has gotten into your skin pores. He would wash the area with soap and water after about 10 minutes or so. There was never a side effect to this treatment and was the only thing that would work - especially since there was so much ivy around and next to impossible to avoid contact with.

My Dad & Mom carried on using this method on my sister and I whenever we came in contact with poison ivy and we never suffered from it.

I continued this method and tradition with my children and my children are continuing it with theirs.

;) ;)
My mom swore by Felsnaptha soap. I wonder if they have the same ingredient.