View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Farm Quilter

I ordered my Innova 9 months after I learned to piece, and that was almost 3 years ago. I love the longarm process more than any other part!!! I had my machine set up 1 week when I had my first customer quilt on the frame :shock: and I haven't looked back yet. After 2 years of quilting I did finally take some quilting classes at Quilting with Machines in Huron, Ohio and that was so wonderful!

I love my Innova! Easy to use, 24/7/365 tech support, can use any thread Superior Threads makes as a top thread (even the ones they don't recommend as top thread) and I don't have to match my bobbin thread color to my top thread color, only need to oil in 1 place, fabulous frame with a dead bar so I never have to change the height of my rollers, and 3 active yahoo groups for any question I have. Oh, and it is attractively priced!!!

I would certainly suggest you join all the yahoo groups for any longarm you are thinking of purchasing...you will find the good, the bad and the ugly of the machines. Also check out what Renae Haddadin's article on questions to ask about the longarm you are considering at http://www.quiltsonthecorner.com/ and put "shopping for a longarm" in the search box on the upper right. You "buy" it but it is really free and contains fabulous information that is not directed to a specific brand of longarm.

Also, try out every brand you possibly can. I know that ABM International (located in Houston and makes the Innova) maintains a list of owners who are willing to have interested quilters come and play on their machines. A show is nice but you really don't get much time on the machine. Not every machine is right for every person!

If you have any questions about the Innova, just PM me and I'll be happy to talk with you about it. I am not a dealer or rep, just a very happy owner!