View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Kristin in ME

Originally Posted by sewing4kix
Originally Posted by Zhillslady
I have found thru years of watching ebay for a good bargin that quilts rarely sell for much more than the costs of making them if even that. Unfortunately that has been the case with handmade items for years. There is a site called Etsy you an use. I'm not sure what the costs is. I know several friends have tried Craigslist.com as you can post for free. Only one has ever sold one that way though.

Good luck on the sale. Hope it sells quickly and helps out.
Thank you so much for this info! I just signed up for Etsy and it was painless! So many handmade items to choose from and it appears that they are selling at great prices too. I will give it a go there and see where it takes me. Thanks again for your help!!!
Yes, Etsy is easy to use but it works best if you have enough items that you can post frequently- at least a few times a week- to keep your listings at the top of the search results. As I've found with my shop- knitted baby items. My shop gets plenty of activity when I post something, but seeing as I could only list something once a month or so it doesn't help in between, unless I want to relist it for the 20-cent listing fee. Though if you're selling a quilt for hundreds of dollars, spending a dollar a week for a few months to keep it at the top of the search results would be relatively painless, I guess.