Old 08-08-2011, 04:56 PM
hootnannie

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I belong to several--never had any trouble with any. Info is asked generally to keep out folks trolling to sell or scam. vintagesingers has been around for many years.
Originally Posted by Kas
I was wondering if anyone here is a member of any of the Yahoo groups for vintage machines. I am thinking about joining, but I feel uncomfortable with all the info they ask about. The problem is I am not finding much info on how to actually take apart the motor on my 500a or how to check the brushes on it and my 301. Any thoughts?
Just know that the Vintage Singer Yahoo site is HEAVILY moderated and you will get verbally spanked if you don't follow every rule to the letter(and there are many). I joined, asked a question and posted a thank you to someone who responded. My response was yanked, I was sent a nasty e-mail about 'wasting space' thanking people and not clipping my posting down enough. I will lurk, but never post again!!

The same thing happened to me only it was regarding my question which they never posted. It really turned me off.