View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 10:13 AM
NCquilter

Originally Posted by Havplenty
i tried the suggestion of the ice cube trays to sort my stamps and it was a great tip. of course my furbaby wanted to be in the mix and he came and knocked my trays off the table so.... i am placing a piece if saran wrap around them this time as i sort working my way to bagging.

my sets are never going to be identical because i cut up scraps from my sewing projects along with wof strips. i sort all of the wof strips into the trays first & then i place my stray scraps stamps into the trays. each baggie will be unique to its receiver. with each new stamp swap i try to incorporate 20-25 new fabrics from the last swap i sent just in case some of the same swappers are playing the new round.

Originally Posted by quiltmouse
tips... someone said last swap they store their stacks in a ice cube tray.

To keep straight what I have already placed:

I put dots of 2 way glue (like post it note glue) on cardstock & put it up with magnets on my metal kitchen cupboard door. Stick the cut stamps on it. I know how many I have cut, how many left to cut, & what fabric, all at a glance. And that set is my own keeper set.

I put my big cutting mat on my kitchen cart. (small house 925 sq feet)
Yes, that would probably happen to me too. If I put a quilt on the floor to measure it, Roxie automatically thinks its hers. She's always getting into my quilting supplies.