Old 08-11-2011, 05:45 AM
mshollysd

Originally Posted by arkansasquilter123
Very well said. I know that people have made me feel bad about my quilting and I really took it to heart. I even sew scraps together to make quilts for people that NEED them, and had one woman (a fellow quilter) tell me that the blocks were UGLY. How rude. I informed her that it would still make someone warm and/or feel better. I think beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and the gesture of giving is the important part. I personally have yet to see an UGLY quilt, as I think there is personality, character, and love that goes into EVERY quilt, no matter what fabric is used.
I quilt with a bunch of church ladies, and some of ours are really ugly. However, when you think of where they are going (World relief) and that they will probably be used for walls or even shade, who cares if they are not absolutely perfect. For many years we quilted with double knit polyester (you know, the kind that has a life of a million years) and I used to be a snob about it, yuck. But when I found out that these weren't going on a bed, because most of the people don't have a bed, I knew that we were doing the right thing.