View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 06:04 AM
Lori S

I have done her "joy" pattern . I do not recomend her patterns for new quilters or first time paper piecers. Good thing you are taking a class. She is a Dutch designer and her husband does the translations into English on her patterns.... Hopefully they have gotten better.... as he is not a sewer and sometimes a wrong term or word is used. ( this is where I was glad I had lots of experience) .

Her patterns did not have the papers for paper peicing ... the instructions required you to trace each pattern piece( they have copyrighted so making copies is actually a no- no) . They have worked to correct this over the years but some still do not have the papers included... and do be cautious of those as the orginals are printed on European sizes paper .... they do not copy onto a US sized paper with out having to tape sections together. At one point I had to use Architectural sized paper.
I sent a lenghty e- mail to them after my experiences with the first pattern pattern. Her husband responded saying they where trying to resolve the "no papers included " issue. Some now have them.
I like her patterns from a design stand point but found the instructions poorly organized and formatted. At one point on one of the patterns for a fabric requirements it just said "lots" ...well that a bit loose even for my taste.
Having a class would certainly help to alleviate the issues.
This is one of the quilts I did from her patterns.

The pattern is JOY
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239963[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239957.jpe