View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 01:47 PM
NitaM39

Originally Posted by Pinkiris
I found the rope at WalMart. It was in the hardward department. Not by the clothespins! Silly me expected to find it there!! But I was at 2 other WalMarts that didn't have it anywhere. I also found some at Meier in Naperville, Il. Some people have had luck at their local hardward stores. Maybe make a few phone calls first? When you do find it, buy several. It's addicting!!!

Sue
I found Wal-Mart the cheapest place to buy it. The price has gone up - is now $3.87 for 100 feet. Comes on a little plastic frame and is usually hanging from pegboard. I prefer the rope I can get at K-Mart - a little thicker, and more expensive. If you buy it at the hardware stores you will REALLY pay for it. It is now cotton covered with a poly core (not 100% cotton any more). I like making place mats and have made several sets - some match, some are multicolored.

Have attached pictures of some of the things I've made. No pictures, but I've made several table runners - at least 3 feet long.

matching place mats
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240201[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-240195.jpe   attachment-240196.jpe   attachment-240197.jpe