Old 08-11-2011, 08:28 PM
quiltlady

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by quiltlady
Originally Posted by quiltlady
Billy - hope you can help me- years ago (more than 20) I bought an old machine that I bought just purely as a display item as I thought it looked cool in it's wood case, which was the bentwood style. I never expected it to work and never checked it out to work. Well now I am interested in the old machines to actually sew on, so today I dug it out and took a look at it. WOW is all I can say - it looks to be a 1911 Singer 66 - the serial number is G0564792 which on Singer website is 1910 but the bobbin bed cover plate says Patented Canada Aug 1, 1911 - so I'm guessing the 1910 is just a start date of these being produced. Thanks for any help you can give me. Pat
I researched this further today on internet - I can't actually find the serial numbers on Singer site - when I look further at internet pictures of vintage machines it looks like it's a Singer 128
Looking at the Singer single letter serial # site (link is on page 1473 or 1474 on this thread), I found that it is a Singer 128-3, manufactured in St. Jean, Quebec, on Dec 22, 1923. Hope this helps. When you scroll thru the #s, scroll down until the numbers begin with 0 and there you find your machine. ~ Chris
Thanks Chris, I found it myself, went back to update my post and noted yours. I think it's been upgraded on the pedal and cord - this pedal looks like it has never set on a floor anywhere- pristine clean. The pedal cord and plug cord all comes from the motor also and not from the side metal box area that has a connection for it. Now I just have to figure out how to clean it up and oil it.
Pat