View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 11:24 AM
katydidit

Originally Posted by belmer
Originally Posted by Rosyhf
They are called, microwave bowl potholders and is sold as an e-pattern by Rita's creations on Etsy. She says the pattern is copyrighted.

I don't know if a technique can be copyrighted, I don't think so. It seems to be a square with darts from each corner and a dart from each side, all heading down toward the center and stopping when you reach the size of the bowl bottom. The dart has to be a bit fatter when it starts to turn and then taper down. It is really only a hot pad. I will make one and see how it turns out in a couple hours.
I did not copy any pattern or abuse any copy right rules. I simply looked at one that someone else had made and figured out how to do it myself and to share my way of doing it with ALL of you.
I certainly do not claim to be the person who originated this design and I clearly stated this on my first picture of the ones that I made. I do NOT have a pattern.
And we all appreciate you figuring this out on your own and sharing the technique with us. We're all "Sistahs" at heart, and love sharing with each other. You rock girl!! Can't wait for your tute.