Old 08-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
Lesley, I am so thrilled for you, I bet your heart was beating fast when you went to see. That sewing machine ought to be put on a huge pedestal for everyone to see forever. And a rosette - I have ALWAYS wanted one of those!! Well done! Does it go onto another level or was that the height?
Me too - the rosette was the icing on the cake - I have seen so many here on the board and I never thought I would get one. The show I entered in I understand is the biggest in Ireland (I won with Jane about a fortnight ago at a smaller local one, but I only got a small, postcard sized winners card for that). But these are actually agricultural shows, with craft sections in them - anything from cakes, flower arranging, knitting, crochet, art, photography etc. I suspect those were added over the years to give the farmer's wives something to do whilst their DH's were busy keeping an eye on the cattle and sheep classes.

There are one or two quilting ones I might be able to enter if I can get to them - I might try one of those if I can find out where they are. It's probably too late this year now.