Old 06-12-2009, 06:52 AM
rayone

So i start my quilting class on Monday. I am super excited about this quilt b/c i am soooo in love with my fabric, its scary how much i would be willing to marry it... i love it so much. I take it out every few days to look at it and admire it. Aw... bliss. Anywho, i've been excited to start my class and it just dawned on me.... i have no thread! Duh!

Which has led me to start questioning what kind of thread to get? What color? And of course I have no idea what I'm doing, i'm looking for opinions and advice and wonder how everyone else chooses.

I am making this quilt.... (Queen of Diamonds by Atkinson Designs). http://www.oldegreencupboard.com/que...20diamonds.jpg

And I am using darker teals/blues/browns as my color scheme. Very, very beautiful browns and teals I might add (if you hadn't caught that in the first gushing paragraph). Oh, and my "white" fabric (from the example) is a cream color with little blue paisley.

What kind of thread should i be buying? And what color? And why would you suggest that (just so i know the through process so eventually I can do this on my own)

I will be machine piecing this together, i can't even think that far ahead to the quilting part

Thanks!