View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 04:00 AM
barnbum

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949
Karla,
After checking out your facebook page, I came back to this message board and find another link to your miniature horse page.
I am astonished at all you do. I noticed you talked about the classroom. What do you teach? I'm a retired teacher.

I fell in love with your horses just looking at the photos of them. I live in Kentucky; only in the western part, not in the horse country/Lexington area. Anyone who lives in KY though, has to admire horses. Our state is rich in horse history.

A friend of my husband's breeds and raises mini horses too. I think they're just precious.

I'm just amazed that you can work full time, raise horses that require so much care, and quilt so prolifically! You're an amazing gal!!
:lol: I just have a high energy level and I don't watch TV. Well--now that it is summer and I can do all I want to during the day, I do sit by hubby sometimes at night while he's watching--does that count? :-D

Once school starts--I teach 5th grade--the quilting will fall back a bit. The gardening will stop and the horses won't get worked as much. It's hard to fit it all in. At school, I rarely leave my classroom and take a lunch I can eat and still correct papers so I don't have to bring too much home. I'm usually tired in Sept--it's exhasuting to get a new class of angels started with the ground work. :wink:

Truthfully, I can't quilt for too many hours at a time, unless it's raining. My energy gets pent up and I have to go work a horse. When it rains I get a lot more done. Quilting takes place it bits and pieces. It's a great time filler.