View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 11:17 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by LisaGibbs
That is the wonderful thing about choices. I would put your price list out there and they can pay or go elsewhere. I wouldn't devalue your time and efforts just so you won't hurt feelings. What about yours? How long would you be doing this for "nothing much" before you begin to resent the entire process.
Lisa your advice is good for many different avenues of business. It wouldn't take long to want to quit if you work for sweat shop labor wages!

Vicky, your friends probably don't intend any insult, they were just living in Lollypop Land at those old prices and have no idea what the real world would charge. Their old LAQ sounds like she finally realized she was greatly undervaluing her work.
Just ask your friends to stop and think about each stage of the work involved, how much materials and batting and thread cost these days and to add in the cost and maintenance of your set up. Then ask them what they themselves would charge for it as a business. I think they will get the point and maybe even feel bad that they suggested you do it for so little.