Thread: binding tool?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:34 AM
bobquilt3

I agree. The binding take the brunt of the wear on a quilt and I don't think single hold up as well at double.

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
The only problem I have with all these techniques is that they create a single layer binding. I always use 2 1/2 strips, fold them wrong sides together and then attach to my quilt. I did find a "foot" for the Simplicity binding machine that advertises that they make binding for quilters but it only folds the fabric in half and you have to still have to attach it to your quilt the way you always did. I have bought every attachment I could find--binding feet that attach to your machine (uses purchased single layer binding), one that attaches to the bed of your sewing machine--still makes single layer binding and the Simplicity binding machine whose regular "feet" make single layer binding. So all in all, if you use single layer strips to bind your quilts these all will work fine. I have yet to find one to do the double layer binding. If anyone knows of one that will please let me know!