Old 08-21-2011, 03:30 PM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies
My husband (57) and I (50) keep young raising our family! We have 6 grown kids, 31,29,27,26,24,22 all in college or raising families of their own and our 6 youngest, still at home, are 14, 12, 11, 7, 5 and 4.

We home school them all and other than sleeping very soundly at night I feel like I did in my 30's. 5 of the youngest 6 are adopted and if I were younger I'd adopt even more.

Our children are the greatest blessings we have ever been given. We thank God for them. He selected each and everyone of them for us! (Bio and adopted!)
We are parents of 10...born every two years from 1981 til 2000, with the last two being three years apart. We have four left at home, and are homeschoolers...have been since the first started school in 1985. Our home seems quiet at times. We are grandparents four times over...all boys(we do have one granddaughter, but because we are not the same "religion" as the mother, we have been forbidden to see her....), and have two sons that just married this year. So five are married, five left to go.

Our home won't be empty until we are both in our early 60's....our last was born when I was 42. We have thought about adopting many times, but I just don't know where we would get the money to pay for it. We adore children, and really miss our big family. Of course, our kids all come home from time to time, but some family issues over the past year has divided us some. Really too bad, as we never saw the problems coming. Maybe in time it will work out and we can all be together again without any stress.

Treasure and enjoy your children while you can.....there is nothing quite like a house full of kids........