Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Rosie the "Ripper"

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I think the "negativity" comes from the term "gives me the creeps". We all have our preferences.
Didn't mean to be negative, but they really do. It is something visceral. I truly can't look at them and find them disturbing. Like I said I don't know why. But after having this reaction again and again over the last few months, I decided to ask if anyone else felt that way.
There are patterns that I don't care for - although those are far and few between - but nothing that elicits the strong sensation that a bargello does. It's very peculiar.
I probably shouldn't answer this with MY avatar, but 30's and 40's stuff has the same effect on me. I'm not sure why. And that one piece pattern that some call "apple core" I think looks like mini-pads!
Is the apple core block the same as the thimbles block? I don't like it because it is too plain and I would much rather see more of a variety of shapes and colors. I think these types show off your talent more.

Thank goodness we all have different likes and dislikes. Wouldn't it be a dull world if we all liked the same things???