View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Zhillslady
Banned

Thanks to everyone for all the good advice. I read all the responses several times Saturday and went and talked to LSQ owners sister as she has long arm business in shop. I do not do all the fancy stitches like she does and have no where near the machine she does and only quilt for people I know so she was very nice to give me advice without worrying I would take customers. She said the same as all of you on top of reminding me "it's a hobby". I have a full time job. So after thinking about it I will be meeting my weekly group tomorrow and letting them know the prices I gave are for them only. My charge is .01 per inch and .015 for very detailed things like the small curls. I also will charge $3 for thread or they can supply. Backing and batting is not included and if I have to seam and/or square backing I charge $10 additional. All of your kind advice remided me that I quilt to escape the stress of a job that spends all day in the stock market and taxes. Minimum job is $40. With the economy the way it is my stress doesn't need to come into my hobby. Yes the extra jobs will help pay off the machine quicker but I am not in a hurry. My frame and machine combo was purchased by a friend that saw it demo'd. She called and said I know you've always wanted I'll order and pay me next year when I retire. I was truly blessed by her friendship but doesn't mean I have to devalue my work.

Again thank you all for the advice it is truly appreciated.