View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 10:20 AM
dakotamaid

Originally Posted by katier825
Using PayPal is great!!! It is my payment of choice when given the option. Basically, it's a holding spot for money, whether paying or receiving. Nothing can happen without your input though, so it's pretty safe. If you are buying, you pay PayPal and they pay the Seller. If you are receiving money, it's just the opposite. The money stays in PayPal until you "withdraw" it. It can also be used to transfer money to someone without fees if you select the "personal" option. My kids pay the rent to me that way, they select living expense as the type.

A note of caution though, there are spammers, so you have to be careful.
* Do not click the link sent via email from anyone, even if it looks legit - ALWAYS manually type the address to get there (www.paypal.com). You can see your transactions just fine when you log in. The bad email it comes from is very similar...I've seen it come thru as paypall.com (an extra "L")
* Don't ever give out your password.
* When purchasing from someone, all they need to know is the email address you use for PayPal. They don't need to know any of your banking info or passwords.
Can not stress this enough!!!!