View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 12:23 PM
ljsunflower

I had paypal for many years & thought it was the most secure way to make a payment.
Up until about a year ago.
Someone somehow bought a camera using my account information! The first I knew about it was when paypal emailed to say that the payment would be coming out of my account & thanks for using paypal. This camera cost $700 & the shipping address was for somewhere in south Florida! NOT MY ADDRESS!
I got in touch with paypal & since it hadn't been taken out of my account (it was a 'pending' transaction) there was nothing they could do about it. My husband went by our bank & had them put a stop payment on it. It cost us $28 for that. When we were finally able to talk to a person at paypal, they told us that it was a suspicious transaction & they were looking into it. But they were still attempting to get the $700 out of our account! They attempted at least 3 different times to get my money. They started calling wanting to know why payment hadn't been made. They emailed every day for the same thing. If I hadn't stopped payment, someone would have had my $700 & I would have been overdrawn.
Finally, they emailed me to say that they had finished their investigation & all was well now. I closed that account right then! And I'll never have another one.
That's my experience with paypal.