Old 08-26-2011, 05:06 AM
MissJMac

I think most quilters buy fabric that they can afford:
LQS usually independently owned and may cost a bit more (sometimes better quality, sometimes not). Quilters with more $$$ to spend and those shopping for fabrics for really special projects shop here. Sometimes LQS are the only fabric store available (poor souls)
Joann's, Hancocks, etc. bigger selections/variety and more moderately priced than LQS. Usually have a variety of fabric and prices.
Walmart is probably the place to go if funds are limited and quality is not your top priority.
I rarely shop at the LQS, unless I get a gift certificate from one of my daughters-in-law (they know it's special):>)
Joann's is a superstore in my area and too big for this senior citizen, so I mostly frequent Hancock and Walmart.
HAVING SAID ALL THAT, I'm beginning to shop at the online stores more and more - great prices, quality, customer service, free shipping - and I don't have to drag my walker around the store.
Just my opinion, folks.
Use the "search" button at the top of this page and type in the types of fabrics (calico, Batiks, etc)
Welcome to the group