Old 08-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Selena

OK, I was given three what I think are called charm packs (100-5" squares) and 2 jelly rolls to make charity quilts with. I was thrilled as I have never used pre-cut anything before, the fabric is pretty. and the generosity is awesome. Keep in mind that I was doing this quilt to reduce stress while my DGS was in the hospital. Well, the hate part comes in when I found that the squares aren't square. I was determined not to re-cut each square so I sewed them into 4 patches, tried to be random but I am not emotionally capable. Then squared up the blocks(48 of them, they were so bad I had to reduce them to 9") knowing the squares still wouldn't be square and determined not to let it get to me-I'm not emotionally capable. Then I find that the strips aren't all the same width. I sew them anyway and ease everything together, trying not to let it get to me-I'm not emotionally capable. Since I am incapable of 'random', I used them in a graduating rainbow with solid horizontal stripes. I just finished the top and I don't hate it anymore. I think it was trying to tell me everything is going to be alright in the end. When it's quilted I think the imperfections will go away. I think I'll bind it in black since every other color was used in the sashing.

Taken w/o a flash-trying to get true colors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247145[/ATTACH]

Rainbow of verticle stripes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247146[/ATTACH]

Closeup of fabric designs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247147[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-247139.jpe   attachment-247140.jpe   attachment-247141.jpe