Thread: sleep apnea
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 PM
NitaM39

Both my hubby and I had sleep study tests, both diagnosed as having sleep apnea and both had second studies. Neither of us were/are willing to use one. I ripped the mask off in the middle of the night, pulling off some of my leads. He's claustrophobic. I just couldn't find a mask that fit - need one that covers my mouth as I sleep with it open. After reading ALL the posts, sounds like there are many variations of masks and hopefully I can find one that I'm comfortable with. Guess I'll bite the bullet and get at least one machine and let me try it first. I'm the one who wakes up with terrible headaches almost every morning and that seems to be a common sign of sleep apnea. Had sleep studies done in FL where we live in the winter, so will wait until we get back there to go back and talk to the doctor.

I have a big problem - have to get up at least twice every night to go to the bathroom and am thinking that's going to be a big hassle to unhook and rehook myself up. Anyone else have that problem?