Thread: Greyhound Quilt
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 12:53 PM
MaggieLou

Originally Posted by Roberta
Love it and love your avatar. We may add a dog to the house and I'm torn between another Borzoi, German Shepard or rescue Greyhound. Did you have any problems when your Grey arrived? The local rescue was discouraging listing tons of problems with adjustment.
Please seriously consider a grey. They make wonderful loving pets. We got our first one from the humane society and they really didn't have much info on greys. He destroyed my vertical blinds the first day I left him alone when I went to work. We got a crate and put him in that for a few days while we were gone and that solved the problem. After that I never crated him. The rest I got through the local GPA adoption group. They acclimate to a home environment very quickly. I tend to go towards the older greys since they are harder to adopt out. Most people want the young ones. If you get one that has been in a home before you shouldn't have any problems. I've had several greys over the years and they all have their own personalities just like people but they are very loving dogs. If you want more info PM me.