Old 08-29-2011, 01:04 PM
grammatjr

Originally Posted by eltakay
I was so intrigued with the technique Trudy developed I just had to attempt it with a picture of my grandson taken about 3 years ago.

My first result turned out pretty well even though that little smile is not quite captured in the fabric rendition. A few other details are a little off, too, but it was a fun learning experience. I did make an extra copy of the "cartoon" so I'll probably attempt it again applying some of the "hindsight" gained from the first run-through.

EK
White Mountains of Arizona

EK,
I am sitting here in tears. Your grandson is so cute, and you really captured him in my quilt technique. I think I agree, the highlights of the eyes really added alot. He is just too precious! I have been thoroughly overwhelmed with the response to my technique, I cannot believe that anyone would want something that I just made up!

In the book, I planned chapters on every way that I knew to create the pattern, I see in this thread there were a couple other ways used, that I had not mentioned (one I didn't know about).

Oh,and your Molly quilt is wonderful too! I started a Tammy Bowser Mosaid Quilt of my granddaughter aobut 7-8 years ago, but over planned, and it is so huge, I cannot get myself to sit down to do it. But, seeing your Molly, I may have to revisit that UFO (after I get the book finished!).

;-)