Old 08-29-2011, 05:15 PM
thrums

Originally Posted by yolanda
This may be a silly question but here in the U.S. most of the fabric is not really made here... so... can we use that? Also, much of the fabric I buy (LQS designer) is available all over.. isn't it? I would like to participate but don't know what I would buy that others can't get...??
When Carsey set up the swap she wanted quilters to send FQs they would enjoy sharing.

Personally, I thought it would be nice to find FQs made in USA, but unfortunately that's an impossibility these days. So I decided I would find fabrics that represent my area of the country. Middle Tennesse was a big batteground during the War Between the States so I decided to use Civil War reproduction fabric. That was my choice.

Some participants are finding fabrics that have unique prints to their area of the county (eg. Hershey Co. in PA, red telephone boxes in Great Britian, aboriginal designs in Australia etc.)

Others are finding patterns that reflect their personality; while others are selecting FQs they would like to use for their own quilt.

So your selection is wide open. Have fun with your selection!

It will be so much fun to see what is returned.

j.

P.S. I've been to online sites out of California and there are some awesome prints that are not available in LQS in MI or TN.