Old 08-30-2011, 11:59 AM
d.rickman

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Try moving the wheel back and forth a few times...there still may be thread caught up in the bobbin area. Good luck!
Ditto - sometimes the bobbin thread will wrap itself around the bobbin spindle - this happens to me if I forget to hold the threads top and bottom when beginning to sew - and then again sometimes it happens when the bobbin whips the thread on the top of my machine, then it is really difficult to move the wheel -

I take out the sewing machine needle and that releases the movement, remove the bobbin, clean all the thread and dust that has wrapped around the bobbin spindle and I was advised to put a small drop of oil on the base of the bobbin shuttle and be sure to wipe out any excess oil with a clean cloth, before you put the needle back in, and without the bobbin inserted, run your machine back and forth to ensure it is all working ok. The repair man pressed on the presser foot and made it go as fast as possible and same in reverse.

Be sure to change your needle as it may have been bent as well, put the bobbin back in the machine, rethread the top and bottom threads. I think you will find this works, as the repairman showed this to me last summer when we were on vacation in Penticton. Such a smart sewing machine repairman, and now I can fix it myself.

I hope this helps...

Best of Luck!