View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:47 AM
auniqueview

We have four dachshunds, Daisy, Molly, Mindy and Taffy. Daisy is a 14.5 to 16 pound red/white piebald, and is one of MY service dogs. She walks with me because I may tip over like a webble (may wobble), or wander off in a direction I did not intend to go. Driving long distances locks my back up, so she helps me out of the car. She is 6 yrs old, and came from our local HS.

Molly is a tiny 8.5 tricolored black and white piebald, so it doesn't matter what color I wear, hair will show, lol. She is a medical alert service dog who is so dead serious when working it is almost funny. Off duty, she bounces like a rocking horse and makes friends with the world. At 3 yrs old, she is our baby. She came from a rescue in Texas, where she was turned in, heartworm positive and pregnant.

Mindy is a black and tan, self taught hearing dog, also a rescue from Texas. She was almost dead when the breeder handed her over to the rescue who immediately took her to the vet who saved her life. She will be 6 in Oct.

Taffy was our first, and will be 7 in Dec. She came from the local animal control, where she was an owner surrender. She was 11 months old when we got her. She is a chocolate, and if you have ever known a chocolate of any breed, you know they have an extra gene for mischief. She is 11 pounds of pure energy, plays ALL THE TIME, has no interest in being a service dog of any kind. She figures we are her SERVICE PEOPLE, put here to serve HER, lol. I plan to make her a vest saying, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME.

They all sleep on the couch, in our beds, any where they want. They probably eat better than we do. They watch over us when we sleep, give us unconditional love, and never complain about our faults. We may have gotten them from rescues, but they rescued us in return. Life would just not be the same without them.

My feeling is that if you don't like our dogs, stay on the outside of our door.