View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 09:26 PM
sewellie

Originally Posted by cuppi duke
I am trying to use up some of my hand dyed fabric and love the iris flower. The first one is quilted first and then shaded with ink. I was trying for a dreamy Monet's garden look. I have had the background fabric for a year now and loved it when I dyed it. The second is just a stained glass version, really simple. I haven't quilted it yet. As always, I love to share my patterns, just pm me with information.
One of my memories is staying with my "little grandma" and in the room I slept in had a window that I could open and lay there and smell the iris. With that in mind, a few years ago I had a macular hole surgery on my eye. I had to spend two weeks with my head down, was not to look up for any reason in order to have the surgery be successful. Long story short, my neighbor brought me iris's in a vase and set them on a little stand by my bed. The aroma was comforting, I will never forget that. It was the longest two weeks in my life. However, the iris's odor will stick in my mind forever.

Will pm you for pattern. Thank you for listening to my story.