Old 09-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Katy

Originally Posted by Glenn
Treadle sewing machines, old sewing boxes, anything to do with sewing needlecases, pincushion etc. I also collect antique clocks(Ihave about 50 of them). I have a house that was built in 1812 and have filled it with antiques from Europe and America. My wife said I am related to a backrat. :lol: Glenn
Your packrat comment made me think of this story from my past. I have lots of "STUFF". It is kinda in my genes. I collect stuff and never let it go. So I have tons of counted cross stitch books, embroidery thread, kids school papers and report cards, craft supplies and on and on ad nauesium. My best friend from jr hi was a child psychologist. She defended me when I was clef a packrat. Said that wasn't really true. Said packrats have a colored rock that they like and carry around with them but when they see a shiny or otherwise attractive item they like they put down the pretty rock for what has now attracted the attention. Said I was not a packrat because I never traded my stuff away, just added to it. She might be right.