View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 07:02 AM
lynnegreen

I love to quilt. The process relaxes me at the end of the day or week and stimulates my mind as well to the artsy side and away from my working analytical mind. I think every quilt I make could be better, lots better.

My first quilt class, taken with my mom in the mid 70's, was taught by a "famous" quilt maker and author. She was a nasty bit of work. Throughout the whole class course she made us all feel like inept creators. She obviously did the class for the money, certainly not for the love of teaching others. Her biting words will always remain with me no matter what I do, but I did have to make a decision to quilt for me first and others second, and, every quilt I have ever made has been oohed and awed over, most of the time to my amazement. When I see quilts I made years ago, still lovingly being used by family or friends, I am truly surprised at what a good job I did!

So what I am trying to say in a long winded method is to quilt to your hearts content for whatever reason. Your creations will always be appreciated and loved. It so delights me to see a well used quilt I made in someone's home. I am right now looking at a quilt I made for my husband the first year we dated, back in 1999....it is worn, and not my personal color choices, but everytime I suggest it go in the closet and another quilt come out he snatches it back and puts it in it's place on the back of one of our living room chairs. I have stopped seeing the mistakes I made in it a long time ago.