View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 06:06 AM
Baloonatic

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Lord? Why did you make Fleas? Can't wait for some answers here.
I'm asking Him the same dang thing!! My 3 purr babies are strictly indoor kitties, but every time I go outside I take the chance on bringing in fleas that raccoons, possums or skunks have left behind during their nightly snacking at my Koi pond. I hate to, but its time to call County Animal Reg to come trap 'em!! GRRRRRR!

I use Advantage on the kitties, but the fleas are still in my carpets and chomping on ME! I called Farm Supply yesterday, was told to get Adams Plus Flea Treatment for the carpets. Remove pets and kids from room till the spray dries, 1/2 to 1 hour or so.

It's often tricky to catch a flea on you without it escaping, so I discovered it is so much easier to press a piece of Scotch tape or other sticky product smack down on it and then peel it up. Fold the tape over the bloodsucker and drop inna trash. I suppose I may get booted from this board for animal cruelty but it does my evil heart good to know that the flea will live for several months after feeding...stuck to my tape in the landfill! OH YEAH!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Farm Supply suggested I also get some Bears Advanced to spray around the exterior. And very importantly, I'll need to cover my edible landscaping and protect the pond against drift.