View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 06:59 AM
FroggyinTexas

Originally Posted by deedum
I spent 4 hours messing in my sewing room today! I had 2 full totes of scrap batting that was getting out of control! I tamed one tote. Pieced my scrap batting together and got enough batting for 8 charity baby quilts.

So how many tame their batting scraps or what do you do with them?
I piece them and then use them for whatever small project I am working on. Why would anyone limit pieced batting to use in "charity" quilts? My idea is that if I won't use it for my grandchildren, I won't use it for someone else's grandchildren--and I would and have and will use pieced batting for my grandchildren.

And I just had a thought--which with me is always dangerous--using pieced batting requires a whole lot more work for a "charity" quilt than buying a whole piece of batting to start with.

I guess what it boils down to is deciding whether your time and energy and the cost of utiliites and materials required to put the batting together is worth more than just taking the money out of your pocket to buy new batting, and that decision might change day-to-day and situation to situation. froggyintexas