View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 12:45 PM
teacherbailey

Originally Posted by QuiltMania
Originally Posted by nikki128
Bonnie I thought about that .. but, what will I ever use 13 yds of school themed fabric for. Also, we painted my classroom 2 weeks ago a green color based on the curtain fabric. So, I'm in it for the long haul. But, never again LOL!
Ok, I'm totally jealous that you get to have curtains (fire marshal won't let us) and get to paint your own color (district office and custodians won't let us). I would put a coordinating solid on the bottom. Maybe you could make a ruffle. If you have extra fabric left over, you could make big squishy pillows. I don't know what grade you have but my students love to lay on the floor on my beanbag chairs and squishy pillows to read.

I was about to write this exact email about fire marshals and paint colors.....we get none of the above! My room is a weird shade somewhere between beige and taupe and.....that's how it is. I can't even use fabric to cover the shelves on a small bookcase....fire marshal again. I wish I lived closer, I would have come helped and had a nice time "talking shop"!