View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 09:36 AM
LyndaK

can you find a walking foot for the 301 ????
slant needle SINGER is there a walking foot that works with this machine???[/quote]
To my knowledge, there has been a lot of talk on the Singer boards about the Walking foot issue, and I have not heard anybody come up with a really good option as now.
John[/quote]
I use a walking foot on my 301's, 401, 404, and 500 Rocketeers (all slant needle) and don't have any problem with them. I also do free motion quilting on the 400's and 500's w/o any problems. I tried it on the 301 and had a hard time with it...I now have a second 301, but haven't tried FMQ on it as of yet.[/quote]

I've been able to free motion on my FW 221 and 222's and my 301. I also have walking feet for all of them that work really well. I'm now on the hunt for a 401 or 500 so I can have zigzag stitches when I need them. Then I won't be buying new machines except for embroidery if and when I wear my Janome's out. I can sew more accurately with the mechanical machines. I can maintain my own mechanical machines and they don't balk at several layers of fabric. IMO there isn't a new computerized machine made that can outset my vintage Singer collections.