View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 06:14 AM
TexasGurl

Originally Posted by JanTx
The few shops I've been to have not had refreshments. I'm wondering if they're expecting too much traffic for that. The last small hop I was on each shop had drinks and some treats.

Not sure about this hop, but for others there were rules about what kinds of sales could be run. One shop - Dickinson or Texas City? - has a color of the month that's on sale. THis is all the time so continues to be true during the shop. The promotional shelves - at my LQS that's $3.99 and $5.99/yard - continue to be that price, but nothing else is on a special sale.

I like exploring new shops and like the excitement in the air for hoppers. My husband just retired and he's planning our little road trips. We're going somewhere hopping this weekend, but I'm not sure where.
I guess my comments come from working & teaching at LQS years ago, we ALWAYS had coffee and tea for our customers, and cookies. Now it seems like even on these Shop Hops, they expect us to travel and spend $$, but with little thought given to the extra touches that customers will remember.
I love exploring new shops too, that's the real fun of it. How sweet your DH is planning new road trips ! Happy Hopping ! :)