View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Morningcoffeegal

I remember laying out my school clothes the night before, changing into play clothes after school and wearing my Sunday best only on Sunday!(no jeans allowed at church, what would the neighbors think!lol) I remember our Dr. making house calls & that was the only time we were allowed to sit on the table. Dinner time was 6pm each & every night & we all had to be there, no elbows on the table either & my dad use to say sit up straight! My mom & dad raised 6kids with only 1 bathroom, there wasn't a shower we had a claw foot tub, had to rinse my hair using a cup while sitting in the tub or over the kitchen sink! LOL I was raised to keep my shoulders back, head up straight & tummy in! What happened? There was no antibacterial I'm still here! The old saying's were you'll eat a bushell of dirt before you die, or you'll live till you get married! LOL Penny candy was only a penny! No snow days, & if I wore pants in the winter they were under my dress & I had to take them off once I got to school. Ed Sullivan & Lawrence Welk were our reality shows.